Remember to balance hustle with patience! Understand what business phase you are in. In general terms there are four phases that any business goes through:
1. I’m just starting – customer discovery (no paying clients)
2. I’m working out if I have a product market fit – customer validation (less than 7 paying clients ever)
3. Create and polish – customer creation (more than 7 paying clients)
4. I’m building my business – to infinity and beyond! (paying clients plus other products that generate revenue)
What phase of business are you in?
Here are five ways to build relationships that will help strengthen your health coaching business
1. Be genuine.
Allow your authentic self to do the talking.
- Be honest
- Be genuine
- Be you
People often don’t remember what you said, but they do remember how you made them feel.
2. Do what you say you are going to do.
If you are talking to a prospective client and mention that you will send them the article on fasting protocols, a mindfulness technique or a recipe, you have a 24-hour window to do what you said you were going to do. The quicker you can follow through on your offer the more credibility you will build. Under-promise, over-deliver. Surprise and delight.
3. Ensure excellent customer service is paramount.
Every touchpoint with either a customer or a potential customer should always be viewed as an opportunity to provide exceptional customer service.
- Phone calls
- Comments and/or responding to comments on social media
- Meetings, coffee catch-ups, Zoom appointments
Ultimately, if people feel that you genuinely care about them, they will be more likely to pay you for your service and build your coaching business.
4. Follow up.
Be sure to check in on people, follow up when you said you were going to, see if they need help. It’s another chance to connect with people, to listen, offer advice or resources and show you care.
5. Always think about and look for opportunities to help others and yourself.
Every single connection you have with anyone is a chance to either help them to connect to where they are going, or a potential connection for you and your business. When you help someone with what they need -ask them to help you too. The power of referrals will be key to your coaching success.
Need help building your health, nutrition or mental health coaching business?
Join the PREKURE Network and access resources and tools to build and develop your business, including 1:1 Business Coaching sessions with a PREKURE Business Coach