Open Week: Introduction to Mental Health
- Learn about the Advanced Certificate in Mental Health & who it’s for
- Learn more about your future possibilities as a Mental Health Coach
- Your questions answered in our Q&A session
- Free and live over Zoom
Wednesday 10th May 2023
7 – 8pm NZT / 5 – 6pm AEST
Sign up for free
Join our Mental Health Faculty Lead Dr Ed Timings along with PREKURE’s Registered Psychologist Sophia Dawson in this fun and interactive session. Come and learn:
- What our Advanced Certificate in Mental Health is all about,
- Why it is more practical, relevant and different than any other study in Mental Health,
- Who it’s for, and
- What your opportunities are as a Certified Mental Health Coach.
You’ll be joined by previous students and PREKURE Certified Mental Health Coaches who’ll be able to answer all your questions about what studying with PREKURE is really like.
What is the Advanced Certificate in Mental Health?
The Advanced Certificate in Mental Health gives you a university-level education in mental health. You’ll come away with a solid foundation in the science and practice of lifestyle medicine for mental health, including micronutrition. You’ll study the theory of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and then hone your practice of this powerful behavioral therapy in our live online labs.
This Advanced Certificate is designed to:
- Equip Health Coaches and Registered Health Professionals with the practical tools and resources they need to help their clients and patients suffering from mild to moderate mental health challenges.
- Focus on preventative and lifestyle approaches.
- Bridge the gap in our overburdened mental healthcare system.
When combined with Health Coaching, Mental Health students then qualify as Certified Mental Health Coaches. Learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Introduction to Mental Health running?
Join us live online on Wednesday 10th May 2023 from 7.00 – 8.00pm NZT / 5.00 – 6.00pm AEST.
How to I join the intro session?
Once you register we will send you a link to to join and open Zoom. You will be placed into a virtual waiting room until the session begins.
How do I use Zoom to access the session?
If you have not downloaded Zoom before, you can sign up and do so by clicking here. You do not need a paid account.
Zoom is an online meeting platform that we use to host our live events.
You need a camera/webcam and a good audio/microphone connection in order to participate. You also need a decent internet connection, above 1.5Mbps.
Can you send me a recording?
We really encourage you to join us live to get the most out of this event.
Save your seat by registering here.
Seats are limited so please ensure you sign up here to receive confirmation of your spot.