PreKure: Mental Wellbeing – May 2021
- Learn the 7 levers to improve mental wellbeing
- Get support, tools & practical help
- Upgrade your brain
- Understand the science behind mental wellbeing
Begins 3rd May 2021
Sign up for just
Upgrade your brain | reduce anxiety | Feel Alive
Welcome to the PreKure: Mental Wellbeing 21-day Plan. We use the latest scientific research to create a game-changing approach to mental wellbeing. There are proven strategies and tools that you can learn and start using immediately that could make all the difference in your life. During the 21-days of this plan you will be invited to learn about and then apply these techniques in your life.
We designed this plan for everyday people who want to learn practical strategies to support their mental wellbeing. PreKure believes that prevention is cure. This plan is not a substitute for medical care and does not offer personalised advice. If you or your loved ones suffer from mental ill-health then we strongly encourage you to consult a registered health practitioner (GP, Registered Psychologist).
Our mission is to help you learn and understand what tools work for you in improving your mental wellbeing.
Dr Glen Davies
Medical doctor focused on achieving optimal patient outcomes.
Louise Schofield (PhD)
Behaviour change expert.
Prof Grant Schofield
Director of The Centre for Human Potential at AUT University and Professor of public health.
How it works
You begin this 21-day plan on Monday 3rd May. Each day, for the next 21-days you are encouraged and supported to try pulling some of the following 7 levers. All levers are evidence based. As a community, we support and uplift each other every step of the way.
- Detailed plans on 7 levers to increase your mental wellbeing:
- Eat – The plan follows a Mediterranean style diet. Eating guides, recipes and meal planning included.
- Sleep – Practical strategies and accountability to make quality sleep a priority in your life.
- Move – Learn the science behind why this works as well as what type of movement is best.
- Cold water immersion – learn the what, why and how to pull this lever and banish anxiety.
- Breathe – control your emotions and thoughts by practicing nasal breathing.
- Joy – Take notice of what it is that brings you joy.
- Self-talk – Practical psychological strategies that will make a difference to your mental health.
- Online learning course with educational handouts and a library of videos to help you make a positive change.
- An active group of like-minded individuals to discuss learnings with, help you to stay on track and share experiences with via a closed whatsapp group.
Need help now?
Begins 3rd May 2021
Sign up for just
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can do this plan?
Anyone, anywhere, and on any device! This is for you if you want some help and support to improve your mental wellbeing. You’ll need access to a smartphone or computer to take part.
Who should not do this plan?
This plan is not designed for anyone who is suffering from serious mental health disorders. It is not a substitute for proper medical care and it does not offer personalised advice.
When does the plan start?
It begins on Monday, 3rd May and finishes on Sunday, 23rd May.
Why should I give this plan a go?
1. To learn the theory and practice of 7 levers that may help to improve mental wellbeing.
2. To support a family member or friend.
3. To upgrade your brain, reduce feelings of anxiety and feel good.
Do I have to assemble a team to do the plan?
Not at all. You can complete the 21-day plan as an individual, or get friends or family to do it with you. There is no team registration on the site – everyone signs up as an individual.
Can I enter a team from my workplace?
Yes! Have each member of your team enrol individually. The next step is to start a closed group (we recommend WhatsApp) for anyone in your workplace who is doing the 21-day plan, and start the learning and support happening!