What is PREKURE?
PREKURE is a high impact social organisation that's dedicated to the World Health Organisation’s definition of human health: “A state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
To improve the population’s health, we must ‘pre cure’. We must prevent ill-health in the first place and optimise for hauora/wellbeing.
We are a team of health professionals who are highly-educated in the science and practice of lifestyle medicine.
What impact are you making?
We are extremely proud of our vision to change people's lives for the better. See our latest Social Impact Report.
What does PREKURE do?
- PREKURE trains, develops and accredits Health Coaches who then empower their families, clients and communities to take ownership of their own lives.
- PREKURE educates and provides behaviour change programs to the general public.
- PREKURE is a continuing medical education provider for medical professionals.
What is a high-impact social organisation?
What is lifestyle medicine?
In scientific terms, lifestyle medicine is a blend of complex physiology and behavioural sciences that prevents preventable diseases and treats modifiable illnesses. We define lifestyle medicine as a personalised prescription of behavioural sciences and psychology, nutrition, sleep, and movement.
I'm a General Practitioner. Why should I join PREKURE?
By joining PREKURE, you can create the changes in medicine that you want to see by:
1. Joining the movement that tackles the root cause of disease, not just the symptoms.
2. Discovering the evidence base for preventive medicine.
3. Changing your practice and challenging the mentality surrounding long-term conditions.
Is PREKURE recognised internationally?
Yes, the PREKURE Health Coach Program is approved by the Health Coaches Australia and New Zealand Association (HCANZA). We are also an approved training provider with the Canadian Health Coach Alliance. Furthermore, our Master Holistic Health Coach Program is approved by the UK & International Health Coaching Association (UKIHCA).
100% Money Back Guarantee
You’re protected by PREKURE’s unconditional, 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee. We want you to have peace of mind when you buy any of our programs, so we give you up to 30 risk-free days from the date you purchase to decide if it’s for you.
If you’re not happy with your results, simply contact us, and we will give you an instant refund. It’s that simple.
What is a Health Coach?
Why become a Health Coach?
The current health system is failing sufferers of chronic disease. We need health coaches to help solve the problem. By completing our university-level online courses and becoming a PREKURE Certified Health Coach, you can help people make the critical lifestyle changes required to dramatically improve their health and hauora/wellbeing.
NZQA Micro-Credential Equivalency
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) ensures that New Zealand qualifications are valued as credible and robust, both nationally and internationally. NZQA has evaluated the Health Coach Certificate (Micro-credential) delivered by PREKURE and has assessed it to be equivalent to 30 credits (300 notional learning hours) at Level 5 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
Continued Professional Development
Are PREKURE courses registered as Continued Professional Development?
Our courses have been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for CME credits and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
CPD points and hours are available for nursing, physio, pharmacy and other allied health professions as well.
Here are some helpful links, guides and resources for you to consider when Health Coaching in New Zealand:
- NZ Health Quality and Safety Commission (HQSC) – Learning and education modules on understanding bias in health care
- Advanced are Planning – What is it?
- Start an Advanced Care Plan (ACP)
- Te Puni Kōkiri – Te Puni Kōkiri leads Māori Public Policy and advises on policy affecting Māori wellbeing
- Whānau Ora – A ministry of Māori development initiative to improve the well-being of New Zealanders and their families
- Whānau Ora’s Transforming our Futures PDF – This booklet looks at Whānau Ora – an approach that empowers New Zealand whānau to transform their futures by taking control of their lives
- Te Pou – Te Pou o te Whakaaro Nui is a national centre of evidence-based workforce development for the mental health, addiction and disability sectors in New Zealand
- Health navigator – NZ health information for the public & health professionals. Disease & health conditions, medicines, health apps, disease prevention & self-care
- Māori health models – Te Whare Tapa Whā – With its strong foundations and four equal sides, the symbol of the wharenui illustrates the four dimensions of Māori well-being; Taha tinana (physical health), Taha wairua (spiritual health), Taha whānau (family health) and Taha hinengaro (mental health). Model developed by Mason Durie.
- The Hui Process: A framework to enhance the doctor-patient relationship with Māori