What is PreKure?
PreKure is a social enterprise dedicated to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) definition of human health: “a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
To improve the population’s health, we must ‘pre cure’. We must prevent ill-health in the first place and optimise for hauora/wellbeing.
We are a team of health professionals highly-educated in the science and practise of lifestyle medicine.
What impact are you making?
We are extremely proud of the impact we are making, changing people's lives for good. Click here to see our latest Social Impact Report.
What does PreKure do?
- PreKure trains, develops and accredits Health Coaches. PreKure Health Coaches are the best in the world.
- PreKure is a continuing medical education provider for medical professionals.
- PreKure educates and provides FREE Lifestyle Medicine programs to the general public.
How does it work?
Your investment really helps. For every course you buy, we give a lifestyle medicine program for FREE. Together we can change medicine. Prevention is cure.
What is a Social Enterprise?
Enterprise with Purpose. Social Enterprises are purpose-driven organisations that trade to deliver positive social and environmental impact.
What is Lifestyle Medicine?
In scientific terms, it is a blend of complex physiology and behavioural sciences that prevents preventable diseases and treats modifiable illness. We define Lifestyle Medicine as a personalised prescription of behavioural sciences and psychology, nutrition, sleep, and movement.
I'm a General Practitioner, why should I join PreKure?
By joining PreKure, you can create the changes in medicine that you want to see. Here are three ways to achieve this:
1. Join the movement that tackles the root cause of disease.
2. Discover the evidence base for preventive medicine.
3. Change your practice and challenge the mentality surrounding long-term conditions
100% Money Back Guarantee
What if I don't like what I buy?
You're protected by PreKure's unconditional, 30-day, 100% money back guarantee. We want you to have peace of mind when you buy any of our programs, so we give you up to 30 risk-free days from the date you purchase to decide if it's for you.
If you're not happy with your results, simply contact us, and we will give you an instant refund. It's that simple.
Is this Certificate recognised internationally?
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) has evaluated the Health Coach Certificate (Micro-credential) delivered by PreKure and has assessed it to be equivalent to 30 credits (300 notional learning hours) at Level 5 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF). This is equivalent to University Level education.
Continued Professional Development
Are PreKure courses registered as Continued Professional Development?
CPD & CME points available. Our courses have been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for CME credits for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
12.5 CPD REPs points also available per course.
Here are some helpful links, guides and resources for you to consider when Health Coaching in New Zealand:
- NZ Health Quality and Safety Commission (HQSC) – Learning and education modules on understanding bias in health care
- Advanced are Planning – What is it?
- Start an Advanced Care Plan (ACP)
- Te Puni Kōkiri – Te Puni Kōkiri leads Māori Public Policy and advises on policy affecting Māori wellbeing
- Whānau Ora – A ministry of Māori development initiative to improve the well-being of New Zealanders and their families
- Whānau Ora’s Transforming our Futures PDF – This booklet looks at Whānau Ora – an approach that empowers New Zealand whānau to transform their futures by taking control of their lives
- Te Pou – Te Pou o te Whakaaro Nui is a national centre of evidence-based workforce development for the mental health, addiction and disability sectors in New Zealand
- Health navigator – NZ health information for the public & health professionals. Disease & health conditions, medicines, health apps, disease prevention & self-care
- Māori health models – Te Whare Tapa Whā – With its strong foundations and four equal sides, the symbol of the wharenui illustrates the four dimensions of Māori well-being; Taha tinana (physical health), Taha wairua (spiritual health), Taha whānau (family health) and Taha hinengaro (mental health). Model developed by Mason Durie.
- The Hui Process: A framework to enhance the doctor-patient relationship with Māori