PK305: Advanced lifestyle medicine for mental healthLearn how to get real results with your clients, using advanced lifestyle medicine for mental health
- Study the latest science in advanced lifestyle medicine for mental health
- Discover how diet quality and micronutrients can help improve mental wellbeing
- Understand the benefits of exercise for the brain and practical recommendations
- Learn thermo-therapies and breathing techniques for mental health
completed over 1 – 3 months
5 modules for just
Gain an in-depth understanding of the latest science in lifestyle medicine for mental health and help affect positive outcomes for your patients or clients with mild to moderate mental health challenges.
In this mental health course, you’ll discover how nutrition, exercise, sleep, thermo-therapies and breathing techniques can help improve your client’s mental wellbeing. You’ll gain a valuable understanding of the latest science and evidence in advanced lifestyle medicine for mental health, including:
- Diet quality and micronutrients
- The benefits of exercise for the brain and practical recommendations
- Sleep biology, sleep hygiene, social media & technology
- How breathing affects the nervous system
- Breathing, mindfulness and meditation techniques and practice
- Cold therapy and heat therapy for mental health
- Integrating breathing into thermotherapy
Study online, at home, any time
All our courses are accessed from the convenience of your computer, smartphone or tablet, all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and in your own space.
Meet your instructor
Prof Grant Schofield
Director of The Centre for Human Potential at AUT University and men’s mental health advisor for Movember.
This course includes:
Module 1: Nutrition for mental health
Module 2: Physical activity, exercise and fitness for mental health
Module 3: Sleep for mental health
Module 4: Breathing for mental health
Module 5: Thermo-therapies for mental health
completed over 1 – 3 months
5 modules for just
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I go at my own pace?
Yes. You have online, anytime access for one month. The course can easily be completed within four weeks by committing to approximately 3-5 hours of work per week.
How long will it take to complete?
The course usually takes approximately 12-15 hours to complete.
Do I get lifetime access to the course materials?
No, however each module comes with a workbook that includes key learnings that you can download.
Do I receive any certification for completing the course?
You will receive a PreKure Certificate of Completion for this course.
What happens after I finish the course?
If you would like to continue learning, choose another short course, or cross-credit into one of our Certificates.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, contact us within 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
I am a nurse, physio or pharmacist. Does this course count towards my CPD credits?
Yes, it counts as 15 hours.
Do I have to be a Health Coach or Health Professional to do this course?
No. This course is perfect if you want to upskill for your own benefit. You will learn many tips and tricks that will help you and your loved ones.
How do I know this course is credible and contains correct information?
The course is scientifically-based and evidence-informed with full academic references provided for all materials. It is taught by our highly qualified and credible faculty with extensive real-world experience. One of our past students says, ‘By aligning with a professional group like PreKure, I can reassure my clients that I am using the latest, evidence-based tools and techniques to support them’.
Is this a CME endorsed course by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGPs)?
Our courses have been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and have been approved for CME credits for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Join the course &
get updated with the latest science
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
What if I don’t like what I buy?
You’re protected by PREKURE’s unconditional, 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee. We want you to have peace of mind when you buy any of our programs, so we give you up to 30 risk-free days from the date you purchase to decide if it’s for you.
If you’re not happy with your results, simply contact us, and we will give you an instant refund. It’s that simple.
PREKURE provides training in the theory and practice of lifestyle medicine for mild to medium mental health challenges. We cannot provide personalised medical advice. If you or your loved ones require personal medical advice, or suffer from moderate to severe mental ill-health, then we recommend you consult a registered health practitioner (GP, Registered Psychologist).
Need help now?
- In New Zealand: If life is in danger, call 111 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department. Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor or access other Helplines and Support here
- In Australia: If life is in danger, call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department. Or call 13 11 14 (Lifeline), 1300 22 4636 (Beyond Blue), or call 1300 659 467 (Suicide Call Back Service).